Kaunas University of Technology
University of Technology (KTU) University
Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) is a leading Lithuanian university providing a wide range of studies and closely cooperating with business. The University provides studies of engineering, technologies, physical and social sciences, humanities and arts. The research groups working at KTU contribute to the global scientific knowledge by conducting cutting edge interdisciplinary research on the most important questions of the current time.
Facts about the University:
- The University has 9 faculties, 8 institutes, 9 research centres, 23 student organisations, 12 dormitories, 7 art societies. It has a Sports Centre, which offers 20 sports classes, and a publishing house “Technologija”.
- KTU is the founder of two integrated centres of research, studies and business – “Santaka” and “Nemunas” valleys. KTU National Innovations and Entrepreneurship Centre is responsible for the protection and commercialisation of the University’s scientific production.
- There are 9040 students studying at the university; 6670 of them are students of the first cycle (bachelor’s) and integrated studies, 2010 –master’s students, 320 doctoral students, and 40 students of professional studies. 590 international students' study at KTU.
- Student mobility: 410 outgoing students of partial studies and internships, and 320 incoming students of partial studies and internships.
- There are 122 study programmes in total; 48 of them – for the bachelor’s and integrated, 54 – for master’s, 19 – for doctoral studies. KTU offers 56 bachelor’s and master’s study programmes in English; all PhD studies are conducted in English.
employees taking 1971.36 FTE positions work at the University. 947 of them are
lecturers taking 713.58 FTE positions, 183 researchers taking 118.86 FTE